2016 City Photography Contest
- 2016 Contest Categories
- Entry Submission
- Official Rules
- 2016 Awards Reception
- Jury Process
- 2016 Winners
2016 CONTEST CATEGORIESThe City of Palm Beach Gardens is pleased to announce its 2016 Photography Contest. In preparation for Florida City Government Week in October, this year's contest will celebrate the "Signature City" from the perspective of our residents & students. Proof of residency is required. All photos must be taken in Palm Beach Gardens. Photos taken outside of city limits will not be considered.
The deadline to submit photographs is September 15, 2016. Should you have any questions, please contact the Public Media Relations Division at 561.799.4152 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Each contestant may submit up to three (3) photographs in each of the five (5) categories listed:
- Beauty Abounds (Nature & Landscape in the City)
- Digital Manipulation (Add an artistic layer to your photography with Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.)
- iGardens (iPhone photos)
- PBG Culture (Scenes showing human interaction in unposed, candid scenes with physical environment)
- Black & White (Classic black and white images of the City)
DEADLINE EXTENDED!!The deadline to submit entries is Thursday, September 15, 2016.
SUBMIT ENTRIES HERE
PHOTO CONTEST DISCLAIMERS
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN
- Deadline for submission: Photo submissions may be submitted beginning on July 20, 2016 and will be accepted through September 15, 2016 (All photo submissions must have been taken between September 1, 2015 and September 6, 2016.)
- Judging: There will be 1 “Best in Show” (1 winner) chosen from and the 5 “First Place” winners from each of the 5 categories (5 winners). Each category will also have a “Second Place” and a “Third Place” winner. Judging will be done by a panel of City elected officials, community leaders and professional photographers. The winners will be notified via the email address provided on the entry form.
- Acknowledgement of Rules: In order to participate in this contest, you must acknowledge and agree to be bound by the official rules, terms and conditions. Check the blue box on the Entry Form to acknowledge rules.
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions:
- Eligibility: Open to all photographers who are current City of Palm Beach Gardens residents or students attending school in the City who are at least 18 years old or older. Photographers under 18 years of age are eligible with the written consent of a custodial parent or legal guardian. Individuals affiliated with City of Palm Beach Gardens (the “City”), including employees and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses) are NOT eligible to enter. Proof of residency is required.
How to Enter: To Submit Entry:
- Complete the online entry form and submit photo entries by uploading the file at www.pbgfl.com.
- By entering/participating in this promotion/contest, you indicate your full agreement to and acceptance of these official rules, terms and conditions and City’s decisions, which are final and binding.
- Winning Photo: The winning photo will be announced in October 2016.
Use of Entries and Contest Publicity:
- Image Releases: You are responsible for obtaining any and all necessary releases from any and all identifiable persons depicted in your photograph (for minors, a release from their custodial parent or legal guardian is required). Copies of all releases must be provided to the City at the time of photograph submission.
- Warranty: By submitting Your photograph in this promotion/contest You represent and warrant that the photograph is your original work, its submission does not violate any agreement between you and a third party, and that its submission does not infringe upon or violate any law, statute, or ordinance or infringe upon any other right of any kind, including without limitation, rights affecting copyright, patent, trademark, unfair competition, defamation, privacy or publicity.
- License and Intellectual Property: The copyright in any submission shall remain the property of the entrant and, by submitting a photo, you grant the City, and those authorized by the City, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, to support its work and that of the City’s affiliates and cooperating nonprofit partners. Uses include, but are not limited to: print and digital, electronic newsletters; websites, slide shows, and promotional items such as printed cards, and calendars. Any photo reproduced may or may not include a photographer credit. The City will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with the above.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: By submitting a photograph, you agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless the City, its employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, suits, losses, and damages, including attorneys’ fees and costs and fees and costs on appeal, arising out or in any way related to your submission of a photograph and participation in this photo contest or any contest-related activities.
- The City of Palm Beach Gardens is not responsible for: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printing errors and omissions; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the contest; (c) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctions of any network hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; (e) lost, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable mail or electronic mail; or (f) lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered photographs and/or entries.
- Publicity: Participation in the contest constitutes consent to the City's use of each participant’s name, likeness, and other information for promotional purposes in any and all media which may be chosen in the City’s sole and absolute discretion without any payment or consideration of any kind whatsoever.
- Conditions: The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The City reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its sole and absolute discretion. The City reserves the right to disallow or reject any entry that depicts brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on signs or posters or in other forms, or that in its judgment is harmful to the public order, is pornographic, profane, violates commonly accepted standards of decency and/or is contrary to the goals, purposes or objectives of the contest.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
A reception will be help to reveal the finalists and present awards to our photo contest winners on Tuesday, October 18 from 6-8PM.
Florida City Government Week
Juried Photography Contest ExhibitionPalm Beach Gardens Residents & Students
Finalists on Display
October 10-December 1, 2016
Finalists' ReceptionOctober 18
City Hall Lobby
2016 Photography Contest Winners by Category
Best in Show
Spiderwebs- Mike Sperduto
Category- PBG Culture
Black & White
1st Place- Jody Lane- Sandhill Crane Park
2nd Place- Jody Lane- Gymnasium
3rd Place- Dominic Contreras- Dagwood
Honorable Mention- Diane Cappella- Madness
1st Place- Mike Sperduto- Never Forget
2nd Place- Dominic Contreras- Sunset PGA
3rd Place- Jody Lane- Lakeside
Honorable Mention- Sue Archer- Great Place to Bring Up A Family
Honorable Mention- Acadia Rubin- Basketball Splash
Honorable Mention- Frank Klein- Big AL The Gator
1st Place- Mike Sperduto- Lake Catherine Sunset
2nd Place- Lore Baer Azaria- Remembering 911
3rd Place-Jody Lane-Carousel
Honorable Mention- Dominic Contreras- Squirrel Eating
Honorable Mention- Mike Sperduto- Downtown at the Gardens2
1st Place- Dominic Contreras- Banyan
2nd Place- Charles Cummings- Twin Towers 9.11 Memorial
3rd Place- Jody Lane- The Mall
Honorable Mention- Diane Cappella- Backyard Splendor
1st Place- Acadia Rubin- Smiling in a Garden
2nd Place- Nicole Sanchez- Beauty Mark
3rd Place- Diane Cappella- PGA Night Life
Diane Cappella Madness BW
Jody Lane Sandhill Crane Park BW
Dominic Contreras Banyan iGardens
Sue Archer Great place to bring up a family Beauty Abounds
Jody Lane Carousel Digital Manipulation
Charles Cummings Twin Towers 9.11 Memorial iGardens
Mike Sperduto Lake Catherine Sunset Digital Manipulation
Acadia Rubin Smiling in a Garden PBG Culture
Jody Lane Lakeside Beauty Abounds
Jody Lane Gymnasium BW
Diane Cappella PGA Night Life PBG Culture
Mike Sperduto Spiderwebs PBG Culture
Mike Sperduto Never Forget Beauty Abounds
Acadia Rubin Basketball Splash Beauty Abounds
Dominic Contreras Dagwood BW
Nicole Sanchez Beauty Mark PBG Culture
Jody Lane The Mall iGardens
Frank Klein Big AL- The Gator Beauty Abounds
Diane Cappella Backyard Splendor iGardens
Dominic Contreras Squirrel Eating Digital Manipulation
Lore Baer Azaria Remembering 911 Digital Manipulation