- Private Instructor License
Private Instructor License
Private Instructor License Guidelines
Private instruction at City facilities is only allowed when the instructor has completed each step outlined below and been issued a receipt that includes their name and expiration date and, in some instances, secured a permit for the facility needed. Approved private instructors may train up to 3 players at a time. A photo ID must be kept on site while providing instruction at a City facility to provide to City staff upon request. Instructors who give instruction without a City-issued license are breaking City Code (Section 46-16) and are subject to fines and trespassing warrants. Instructors may not use any facility that another group has reserved and obtained a permit for.
Private Instructors are expected to take proactive measures to minimize wear and tear on sports turf. Proactive measures include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping as much training as possible outside of the fields of play as dictated by the current field markings.
- Changing areas of use. For instance, high impact ladder drills should not be repeated in the same area over and over.
- Staying off fields when saturated or showing wear areas.
BEGINNING OCTOBER 1, 2022 PRIVATE INSTRUCTORS GIVING LESSONS AT GARDENS DISTRICT PARK MUST USE THE OPEN FIELD OR THE AGILITY FIELD.
INSTRUCTORS MUST RENEW THEIR LICENSE ANNUALLY ON OCTOBER 1.
1. Complete the Instructor Application.
2. Obtain and/or show proof of the documents below. Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. Valid Palm Beach County Business Tax License AND
B. City of Palm Beach Gardens Occupational License Number (City of PBG residents only).
3. Complete and pass a background screen through TruView BSI.
4. Add the City of Palm Beach Gardens as additionally insured. Instructors shall provide a Certificate of Participant and General Liability insurance policy listing the City of Palm Beach Gardens, 10500 North Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410 as additionally insured in the amount of $1 million. Any organization or group storing equipment or property inside a city owned building is responsible for providing the City a copy of its contents and equipment policy. Electric or gas-powered golf carts or utility vehicles must be approved and owner must provide a copy of their insurance policy with inland marine coverage. Any organization or group serving food must inform the City and provide a minimum $1 million Product/Completions and General Liability Certificate of Insurance listing the City as additionally insured.
5. Pay the annual fee of $500* at the Burns Road Community Center and receive receipt of completion. Photo ID must be present while using City facilities. Each additional instructor falling under your insurance and business license must follow the same process and pay the $300 fee.
* Fee is prorated on a monthly basis for new instructors only, with the year beginning October 1. For instance, if a new instructor begins May1, there would be 5 months remaining so the fee would be $250 for the rest of the year.
- Complete steps 1-4 above by September 15.
- Keep an active credit or debit card on file that can be charged on October 1.
Current instructors that do not complete the steps above are not eligible to teach lessons at City facilities after October 1, and aforementioned penalties will be assessed. Further, these individuals will pay the full annual instructor fee. Prorated annual fees are not an option for current or returning instructors.