Private Instructor License
Private instruction at City facilities is only allowed when the instructor has completed each step outlined below and been issued a receipt that includes their name and expiration date. A photo ID must be kept on site while providing instruction at a City facility to provide to City staff upon request. Instructors who give lessons without a City-issued license are breaking City Code (Section 46-16) and are subject to fines and trespassing warrants. Instructors may not use any facility that another group has reserved and obtained a permit for.
1. Complete the Instructor Application.
2. Obtain and/or show proof of the documents below. Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A. Valid Palm Beach County Business Tax License AND
B. City of Palm Beach Gardens Occupational License Number (City of PBG residents only).
3. Complete and pass a background screen through TruView BSI.
4. Add the City of Palm Beach Gardens as additionally insured. Instructors shall provide a Certificate of Participant and General Liability insurance policy listing the City of Palm Beach Gardens, 10500 North Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33410 as additional insured in the amount of $1 million. Any organization or group storing equipment or property inside a city owned building is responsible for providing the City a copy of its contents and equipment policy. Electric or gas powered golf carts or utility vehicles must be approved and owner must provide a copy of their insurance policy with inland marine coverage. Any organization or group serving food must inform the City and provide a minimum $1 million product/completions and general liability certificate of insurance listing the City as additional insured.
5. Pay the annual fee of $500 at the Burns Road Community Center and receive receipt of completion. Photo ID must be present at all times while using City facilities. Each additional instructor falling under your insurance and business license must follow the same process and pay the $300 fee.