Permit Applications & Fees
How to Apply
Steps to secure a permit vary based on the type of permit. Please note: If you have previously obtained a permit, you have an account! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble accessing your account. Applicants must have a valid email address on file as that will be the main communication source.
Daily Permit: Daily facility permits for some facilities may be secured directly online. For all other facilities and times not posted online, an application must be submitted using the following steps:
Block Permit: A Block Permit Application must be submitted for those wishing to secure a Block permit.
Event/Tournament/Camp Permit: Those wishing to obtain permits for these activities must submit the Public Assembly/Event Permit Application.
Facility fees are charged based on the City’s Master Fees and Charges, approved by Palm Beach Gardens City Council on an annual basis. A credit card must be kept on file for all permit holders - the credit card on file may be charged for facility use exceeding the permit, or damage caused to a facility during the permit. If a prepaid permit is canceled by the City due to adverse weather or any other reason, the credit card used to pay for the permit will be refunded within 48 hours.
Upon approval of any daily permit application, the City will charge the applicant in full for the permit. The credit card that was used to pay the $1 permit application fee will be charged.
Fees for block permits will be charged to the credit card on file monthly, in the last three days of the month for the next month’s facility usage. For example, June’s permits will be charged between May 29-31.
All applicable fees must be paid in full prior to any permitted facility use.
Fees will be due according to the payment plan listed on the quote for the event, tournament, or camp. For tournaments and events, 25% of the quoted fees is due to secure the facility and date(s). The remaining 75% is due no less than 45 days in advance of the tournament or event start date. For camps up to five days in duration, all applicable fees must be paid in full to secure the facility and date(s). For camps longer than five days, fees will be due on a weekly basis after the first five days have been paid in full to secure the facility and date(s).
Palm Beach Gardens Youth Athletic Association (PBGYAA)
The PBGYAA is the City's recognized provider of youth, recreational sports leagues. Some fees charged to PBGYAA divisions may differ from those charged to other persons or organizations as covered in the City/PBGYAA agreement.
PBGYAA travel sports programs that derive from recreation are provided five months of non-reimbursable facility permit space provided that it falls within the City's Scheduled Maintenance Closures and allocated facilities are deemed playable for use. Allocated months of exempt permit fees for the PBGYAA are as follows:
- Soccer: January through May
- Baseball: August through December
- Softball: April through August
- Basketball: February through July
The City reserves the right to move or cancel any permit for any reason. In the event the City cancels a permit, the permit holder will be refunded in full.
Cancellation of a daily permit or single use of a block permit must be done by the permit holder using the City’s online registration system. If a daily permit or single use of a block permit is canceled by the permit holder:
- more than 14 days in advance, 5% of the fee paid will be forfeited.
- less than 14 days in advance but more than 7 days in advance, 10% of the fee paid will be forfeited.
- less than 7 days in advance but more than 48 hours in advance, 50% of the fee paid will be forfeited.
- less than 48 hours in advance, no refunds will be granted.
Notice of request to cancel a tournament or event must be emailed to email@example.com. If a tournament or event is canceled by the permit holder:
- more than 90 days in advance, 5% of the total quoted fees will be forfeited.
- less than 90 days in advance but more than 45 days in advance, 10% of the total quoted fees will be forfeited. If the permit holder gives notice within this window that less facilities are needed, 10% of the fees for the canceled facilities will be forfeited.
- less than 45 days in advance but more than 14 days in advance, 50% of the total quoted fees will be forfeited. If the permit holder gives notice within this window that less facilities are needed, 50% of the fees for the cancelled facilities will be forfeited.
- less than 14 days in advance, no refunds will be granted.