All teen programs take place at Burns Road Community Center unless otherwise noted.
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES?
Are you looking for volunteer opportunities to meet classroom, club, graduation, and/or scholarship requirements? Look no further. Palm Beach Gardens Recreation has a variety of community service opportunities to meet your needs. Fill out our Volunteer Form here!
MIDDLE SCHOOL EDGE
When school is out, enjoy field trips and learn some life skills too! Staff is committed to making your teen’s out-of-school experience a positive one as they learn a variety of skills such as conflict resolution, teamwork, money management, coping with change, and more.
- Age: 11-13 (as of 9/1/22)
- Time: 7:30am-6:00pm
- R/NR Fee: $45/$56
PROCARE: Camp Sign In/Out & Parent Communication
Middle School EDGE uses ProCare software for daily sign in/out and verify pick up persons for your child. Not only will this tablet-based system save trees, but it will also allow our camp staff to communicate more effectively. Registered parents/guardians will receive either emails or push notifications regarding field trip updates, pictures of campers having an awesome time, boo boo reports, authorized pick up notifications, and much more.
Note: No Middle School EDGE program on Memorial Day, May 29.
RED CROSS BABYSITTING COURSE
The American Red Cross Babysitting Curriculum is designed to build confidence while gaining fundamental information on the business of babysitting, proper supervision, and basic caregiving skills. Participants MUST attend both days to receive their certification in Babysitting and Pediatric First Aid.
- Age: 10-17
- Instructor: PBG Aquatics Staff
|Fri/Sat||Feb 10-11||Fri 5:30pm-9:30pm|
LIFE SKILLS ADVENTURE
Parents of teens, are you ready for your child to learn to THRIVE instead of your family just surviving the turbulent teen years? During these six-week sessions, Legit SaraJane will teach your teen or tween the basic life skills they will need to thrive now and throughout their adult years. Skills include confidence, tools, communication, cooking, decision-making, cleaning, social skills, responsibility, and so much more! No classes February 2 or March 21-23.
- Grade: Middle and High School (ages 11-17 as of 9/1/22)
- Instructor: Legit SaraJane
|Tue||Jan 24-Feb 28||5:00-6:30pm||$165/$207||CANCELLED|
|Thu||Jan 26-Mar 9||10:00-11:30am||$165/$207||121302-1B|
|Tue||Mar 7-Apr 18||5:00-6:30pm||$165/$207||121302-2A|
|Thu||Mar 16-Apr 27||10:00-11:30am||$165/$207||121302-2B|
TEEN ART EXHIBIT & RECEPTION
- Friday, March 10 | 6:00-7:30pm
- Burns Road Community Center, 4404 Burns Road
- Ages: 13-17
- Registration: REGISTER HERE
Got Talent? If so, we want YOU to showcase your sketch work, painting, or sculpture. Submitted work must be from a favorite book. Art pieces will remain on display through March 26th. During this time frame, the community will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite pieces for each grade/category. A Best in Show winner will be selected as well as winners in each grade/category. All winners will have their artwork on display at the Gardens GreenMarket on Sunday, March 26th.
All artists must follow the guidelines below:
- Must be submitted by Sunday, February 26
- Artwork must be original.
- Artwork must be submitted on 8.5” X 11” paper, with a half inch border on all sides for matting purposes. Mattes will be provided by the City of Palm Beach Gardens.
- To submit finished artwork, please drop off at the service desk at Burns Road Community Center, 4404 Burns Road, Palm Beach Gardens ATTN: Louise Jordan, no later than March 3.
- Artwork must be appropriate for public viewing and approved by City staff.
- Applicable mediums would be pencil, colored pencil, pen & ink, charcoal, mixed media, and watercolor paint.
- Artwork should be picked up by the artist/artist family the week of March 27th – 31st.
Artist work must represent a book/story genre according to the grade they are in as shown below:
- 7th Grade - Fantasy
- 8th Grade - Science Fiction
- 9th Grade - Legend/Folklore (Paul Bunyan, John Henry, Pecos Bill, Daniel Boone)
- 10th Grade - Suspense
- 11th Grade - Young Adult Fiction
- 12th Grade - American Classic (Mark Twain, Herman Melville, John Steinbeck, etc.)
LET’S “GLOW” 90’S
- Saturday, May 6 | 8:00-10:00pm
- Gardens Park Miracle League Field, 4301 Burns Road
- Ages: 11-13 (as of 9/1/22)
- Fee: $15
- REGISTER HERE
Get your “Glow-On” with this 90’s music video event filled with dancing, glow games, and food. All participants MUST have a school ID to enter. Registration closes on May 5, so sign up early to avoid cancellation.
Get active and fit during Open Gym! Meet your friends or make new ones as pick-up basketball games are played. Volleyball and/or pickleball are available with advance notice. School ID must be shown to participate. Want to play on the weekend? Please call ahead at 561.630.1100 for gym availability.
Skip Dates: Out-of-school days
|M/W/F||Middle School/Highschool||School Days||3:00-5:00pm (Jan-Feb)|
At times, classes are cancelled due to low enrollment. If you are interested in taking a class that has been cancelled, please email the Recreation Department or call 561-630-1100 and put your name on a list to let us know that you are interested in that class. Once we have enough people to hold the class, we will try to restart that class.