Solid Waste Services
Solid waste services manages the City’s exclusive franchise services agreement with Waste Management, Inc. We provide customer service, and contractual oversight for roughly 28,000 residential and commercial customers in our service area.
Waste Management, Inc. (WMI) is the exclusive provider of solid waste, yard waste, and recycling collection services in the City of Palm Beach Gardens. For more information regarding your pickup days for garbage collection, recycling, vegetative waste, and bulk pickups, please call Waste Management at 1-772-546-7700.
- Solid Waste Collection occurs once per week, minimum.
Holiday Collection Days
When the holiday falls on your service day, you will get your pick up on your NEXT scheduled service day. If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, there will be no delay.
Please note that New Year’s Day is not considered a holiday; therefore, service will not be disrupted.
- Set out time is 6:00 a.m., or the night before
- Collection times are 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Household and yard waste must be curbside by 7:00am on your collection days.
- Household trash must be in 32-gallon can or tied plastic bag.
- Each 32-gallon trash can or tied plastic bag should not exceed 50 pounds.
- Place yard waste, such as grass clippings, leaves, and small twigs in sturdy tied plastic bags or 32-gallon can.
- Ensure branches, limbs, and palm fronds are tied and bundled.
- Large yard waste piles up to 8 cubic yards are collected twice a week along with household and yard waste. *All large waste piles larger than 8 cubic yards will be collected within two days of your regular scheduled collection day. These piles will be “tagged” notifying you the pile has been scheduled for pickup*.
- Bulk waste, including refrigerators, washer/dryers, toilets, sinks, etc. will be picked up once a week. PLEASE REMOVE LARGE APPLIANCE DOORS. IT’S THE LAW.
- You are responsible for securing your own 32-gallon trash cans. Recycle bins can be obtained by calling Solid Waste Authority at 866-NEW-BINS (866-639-2467).
- DO NOT include paint cans, pesticides, pool chemicals, engine oil, tires, auto parts, or construction/demolition debris. For these items, contact Solid Waste Authority at 561-640-4000 or visit 7501 N. Jog Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33412.