Adult / Seniors Lakeside Club
The 55 and over Palm Beach Gardens Lakeside Club continues to provide exciting games and trip opportunities. Meet and socialize over coffee/tea, games and trips. Both residents and non-residents of Palm Beach Gardens are welcome. We offer a wide variety of new programs, activities and trips. Our fun loving group will keep you laughing and your brain stimulated and engaged. Your first visit is free! Register at any time throughout the year. Join us, as every day is a PARTY DAY!
Volunteer Brunch 2017
Mah Jongg & Canasta Luncheon
Mah Jongg & Canasta Luncheon
- Resident/Non-resident Annual Fee: $30/$60
Thank you to our generous sponsor:
Activities at Burns Road Community Center
4404 Burns Road, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
- 1-4pm – BINGO (September 10, 2018 - May 20, 2019) - The BINGO room opens at noon, so you have ample time to purchase your BINGO cards.
- 12:30-4pm - Gardens Book & Jigsaw Puzzle Exchange - Bring your books and magazines to share and exchange.
(starting January 7, 2020)
- 1-5pm - Mah Jongg is the game of the day! Experienced players as well as new players are welcome to come and play this fascinating game of tiles.
Mah Jongg lessons are currently available; however, space is limited to 4 people per day. Please call 561.630.1100 in advance to reserve your seat.
- 12-1pm - Brown Bag Book Club meets the third Thursday of each month. This is a great opportunity to share with others your thoughts and opinions about the book of the month in an informal setting.
- 1-3pm - Movies every week except the third Thursday of the month.
- 1-5pm - Canasta, a favorite for our club members, is offered for all levels of play.
Canasta lessons are currently available; however, space is limited to 4 people per day. Please call 561.630.1100 in advance to reserve your seat.
Activities at Lakeside Center
10410 North Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
The building opens at 1pm on Mondays thru Fridays.
We are actively trying to start a Bunko group on Fridays as well as a Rummikub group on Wednesdays. Please call 561-630-1120 if you would like to play either of these games.
- 1-5pm - Social Bridge games, Poker and Rummikub
Social Bridge lessons are currently available; however, space is limited to 4 people per day. Please call 561.630.1100 in advance to reserve your seat.
- 1-5pm - Informal Mah Jongg games / lessons (moving to Burns Road Community Center as of January 7, 2020.)
- 1-5pm - Select your game of choice: Scrabble, Rummikub, Mah Jongg, Duplicate Bridge and Poker
- Activities take place at Burns Road Community Center
Friday Variety Game Day:
- 1-5 pm - Social Bridge, Mah Jongg, Poker, Scrabble, Hand/Knee/Foot and Mexican Train Dominoes
- If you are interested in a game that was not listed above, please sign up at our front desk and let's see if we can get a game going for you on Friday's Variety Game Day.
Gardens Book & Jigsaw Puzzle Exchange
Bring your books and magazines to share and exchange.
- Mondays, 12:30-5 pm
AARP Driver Safety Class
Open to anyone. You do not have to be a member or guest of the Adult/Seniors Club to attend. The AARP program provides drivers 55 and over with a basic review of driving rules, covers new laws and teaches great driving tips.
To register for the AARP Driving Class, call 561-630-1100: a check made payable to AARP must be brought to the instructor on the first day of the class. Bring your valid AARP card to receive a discount. Florida residents can expect a rebate on their insurance.
- Age: 55+
- Instructor: AARP
- Location: Burns Road Community Center, 4404 Burns Road, PBG 33410
- AARP Member/Non-Member Fee: $15/$20
MAH JONGG & CANASTA TOURNEYS/LUNCHEONS
Join us as Burns Road Community Center comes ALIVE with these fun, interactive tournaments. Lunch is included from 11am-1pm.
- Age: 55+
- Member/Non/Member Fee: $5/$10
|Mah Jongg||Tue||Feb 11||11am-4pm||Feb 4|
|Canasta||Thu||Mar 12||11am-4pm||Mar 5|
LUNCH & LEARN
Discover the little-known secret to solving the mystery of neck pain. Learn about the causes of neck pain and headaches. Dr. Weinberg will reveal the proven treatment that research says is a necessity for neck pain but is usually left out of care. Pre-registration is required on or before Friday, March 13. Please bring your own lunch.
- Topic: Neck Pain & Headaches
- Speaker: Dr. Marc Weinberg, D.C., Active Health
- Location: Burns Road Community Center
If you enjoy volunteering, we have plenty of opportunities with the Seniors Club. Volunteers set up coffee and tea, distribute BINGO cards, call BINGO, etc. If you are interested in volunteering and would like more information, please email Louise Jordan or call her at 561-630-1147.