Makos Swim Team
The Palm Beach Gardens Makos swim team is a recreational swim team that is a part of the South Florida Recreational Swim League. The team practices four days a week and competes in swim meets at least once a month. We have 5 different teams to meet most swimming abilities along with two different practice options.
*Due to the current health pandemic, the Summer 2020 Makos Swim Team will not compete in league swim meets. Fall 2020 meet participation will be considered on a later date.
The recreational aspect of the team brings fun, competitiveness and friendships amongst the swimmers. Please see our practice information below for more details or contact Katie Waskiewicz at 561-630-1126 for more information.
Swim Team Ages 4-17
- Pre-Green: Swimmers with a goal of swimming on Green Team. This group will teach the fundamentals of being on a swim team. Swimmers must be evaluated to register for Pre-Green. There is no 4-day option for Pre-Green. Swimmers must pick M/W or T/TH.
- Green Team: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke.. (Requirement: swim 25 yards of each stroke)
- Red Team: Swimmers have basic knowledge of being on a swim team and can properly execute all four swimming strokes.
- Blue Team: Swimmers have full concept of being on a swim team.
- White Team: For dedicated swimmers who are focusing on speed and high yardage.
- Two-day Option: For swimmers who only wish to swim two days per week. *Swimmers must pick M/W or T/TH.
New swimmers must pass a swim test in order to join the team. Swim tests may be done Monday - Thursday from 4 - 7:30pm, by appointment only. Please email Robin Cousins or contact her at 561-630-1115 to set up a swim test appointment, or if you have any questions.
Swim Meet Participation: A $15.00 (non-refundable) South Florida Recreational Swim League insurance fee is required, as well as a SFRSL Swimmer Application Form turned in for each swimmer. Swim meets are usually held on Saturdays and are not mandatory.
Summer 2020 Swim Team Season
Session I: Monday - Thursday, June 15 - July 23
- Pre-Green: 4-4:30pm
- Green Team 4:30-5:15pm
- Red Team 5:15-6:15pm
- Blue & White Teams 6:15-7:30pm
- $122/$152.50(Monday - Thursday, all 4 days)
- $72/$90 (Pre-competitive 2-day option: swim either M/W or T/TH)