Big changes are coming to the Palm Beach Gardens Aquatic Complex! Beginning August 9, 2021, the main pool will be going under construction and is set to be finished in 2022. the new pool will feature a zero-depth entry, two new water slides, a two-person rock climbing wall, and additional 5 lanes for lap swimming. The lap pool will remain open during the construction for lap swimming, deep water aerobics, and Makos swim team. The Splash Zone is currently closed until further notice. Please be aware that the listed hours of operation are subject to change during this time.
The Aquatic Complex will not open if the "feels like" air temperature is below 50 degrees F. Other combinations of air temperature, wind chill and water temperature may also prohibit the Aquatic Complex from opening. An email will be sent to our pass holders in the event of a pool closure.
Registration for Fall Swim Lessons will open soon.
- Aqua Fitness
- Certification Courses
- Lap Swimming
- Main Pool & Splash Zone
- Makos Swim Team
- Swim Lessons
Deep Water Fitness
Enjoy an invigorating, full-body workout to a variety of fun music and awesome energy. All equipment such as float belts and water weights are provided. Locker rooms/shower facilities are available.
Participants may register in advance or may drop-in daily. Please click here to pre-purchase a class ticket. First time students, please come 5-10 minutes before the start of class.
- Age: 16+
- Instructor: City of Palm Beach Gardens Staff
- Fee: $4 Resident/$5 Non-Resident
|Monday - Friday||8:30am - 9:30am|
10:00am - 11:00am
|Saturday||9:00am - 10:00am|
Candidates successfully completing the class will be certified in Lifeguarding, Standard First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer. Attendance at all classes is required.
- Prerequisites: Must be able to swim a total of 300 yards demonstrating freestyle and breaststroke. Must be able to swim 20 yards, submerge and retrieve a 10 lb brick, return to the surface, and swim 20 yards back to the starting point within 1 minute and 40 seconds. (Lower Prerequisites can be applied to Shallow Water Lifeguard or Aquatic Attraction Lifeguard)
- Ages: 15+
Candidates completing the class will be certified in Lifeguarding, Standard First Aid, and CPR for the Professional Rescuer. Attendance at all classes is required.
- Learning Objectives: Recognize specific characteristic behaviors of distressed swimmers and active and passive drowning victims; recognize aquatic emergencies and act promptly and appropriately; perform equipment-based rescue skills and techniques used by professional lifeguards; recognize and care for possible spinal cord injuries; learn to provide first aid and CPR.
- Prerequisites: Must be a currently certified American Red Cross Lifeguard or within the 30-day grace period of expiration. Must be able to complete all prerequisites of a Lifeguard upon arrival on the first day of class.
WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course prepares you to teach people of all ages and abilities to swim and be safe in, on, and around water. Must attend all classes.
- Prerequisites: 25-yard front crawl, backcrawl, breaststroke, sidestroke, elementary backstroke, 15 yards butterfly, 1-minute tread, and back float. All strokes must be performed at a Level 4 skill level.
- Ages: 16+
This class is for currently certified lifeguards who are seeking advanced training to train prospective lifeguards. Must hold a current American Red Cross lifeguard certification.
- Ages: 17+
|January 3-6||9:00am – 6:00pm||$250/$325||130807-1|
WATER SAFETY AIDE TRAINING & VOLUNTEERING
Learn how to assist Water Safety Instructors in teaching swim lessons. Participants interested in working or volunteering in the Palm Beach Gardens Learn to Swim Program will be required to apply and interview before being placed as an Aide.
- Prerequisite: Must be at least 12 years old. Demonstrate American Red Cross Level 5 Learn to Swim skills. Call or email Katie Waskiewicz, Aquatics Supervisor, at 561.630.1126 or KWaskiewicz@pbgfl.com for more information regarding Water Safety Aide volunteer and employment opportunities.
RED CROSS BABYSITTING COURSE
The American Red Cross Babysitting Curriculum is designed to build confidence while gaining fundamental information on the business of babysitting, proper supervision, and basic caregiving skills. Participant MUST attend both days to receive their certification in Babysitting and Pediatric First Aid.
- Age: 10-17
- Instructor: PBG Aquatics Staff
|Fri/Sat||Nov 4 & 5 ||Fri 5:30pm-9:30pm|
The Aquatic Complex is currently open for lap swimming during the hours listed below. Lap swimmers may purchase a three month lap pass by clicking the link below.
LAP SWIMMING TIMES
|Monday - Thursday||7:00am-3:00pm, 4:30-7:30pm|
|Friday||7:00am - 1:30pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 12:00pm|
- R/NR: $3.75/$7.49
THREE MONTH LAP PASS
- Resident Fee: $75
- Non-Resident Fee: $98
- Click here to purchase a 3 month lap swimming pass!
Big changes are coming to the Palm Beach Gardens Aquatic Complex! Currently, the main pool is under construction and is set to be finished in late 2022. The new pool will feature a zero-depth entry, two new water slides, a two-person rock climbing wall, and additional 5 lanes for lap swimming. The lap pool will remain open during the construction for lap swimming, deep water aerobics, and Makos swim team. The Splash Zone is currently closed until further notice.
For updates on the Main Pool construction, click HERE. or visit our Facebook Page.
The Palm Beach Gardens Makos swim team is a recreational swim team that is a part of the South Florida Recreational Swim League (SFRSL). The team practices four days a week and competes in swim meets at least once a month. We have 3 different teams to meet most swimming abilities. The recreational aspect of the team brings fun, competitiveness, and friendships to the swimmers. Please see our practice information below for more details or contact Katie Waskiewicz at 561-630-1126 for more information.
SWIM TEAM AGES 4-17
- Swim Team Prep: Swimmers with a goal of swimming on an age group. This group will teach the fundamentals of four competitive strokes.(Requirement: swim 25 yards of identifiable freestyle without struggle). Swimmers must be evaluated to register for swim team prep.
- Age Group Team*: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. (Requirement: legal freestyle and backstroke, recognizable breaststroke and butterfly. Comfortable to complete a head first entry into the pool). *Swimmers enrolling on the Age Group Team may select the 4:00pm practice option or the 5:15pm practice option.
- Senior Team: Swimmers that have a basic knowledge and execution of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. (Requirement: legal freestyle and backstroke, recognizable breaststroke and butterfly. Comfortable to complete a head first entry into the pool).
*New swimmers must complete a swim team evaluation in order to join the team. Evaluations are done on Tuesday evenings from 5:00-6:00pm and Saturday mornings from 10:00-11:00am. There is no appointment needed and evaluations will be conducted on a first come first serve basis within the designated time frames. Swim evaluations take approximately 5-10 minutes based on the swimmers skill level.
Swim Team Practice Schedule
Registration may be done online or in person. After registering for the Makos Swim Team, swimmers will also need to be registered with the SFRSL. This registration must be done once per season. Please click here to register.
|DAY||TEAM||TIME||MONTHLY R/NR FEE|
|M-Th||Swim Team Prep||3:15-3:45pm||$88/$110 mo.|
|M-Th||Age Group 4:00pm (Ages 5-12)||4:00-5:00pm||$98/$123 mo.|
|M-Th||Age Group 5:15pm (Ages 5-12)||5:15-6:15pm||$98/$123 mo.|
|M-Th||Seniors (Ages 13-17)||6:30-8:00pm||$108/$135 mo.|
Class Policies and Procedures:
- Participants must be registered for the appropriate level based on age and skill. Participant's who are determined to be in the wrong level, will be asked to unenroll and reenroll into the correct level. Space in the correct level is not guaranteed.
- Classes will begin and end on time, swimmers who are tardy or absent will not be given additional lesson time.
- Parents/guardians are required to stay within the Aquatic Complex during their swimmer’s lesson.
- Any participant that is not potty trained, must wear a swim diaper in order to enter the water.
- To prevent distraction, we ask that parents/guardians refrain from interacting with their swimmer during the lesson.
- There is no changing permitted on the pool deck. Please take your child to the locker rooms in order to change.
- In the event of inclement weather, the pool and pool deck will be cleared immediately, and all patrons will be asked to move indoors.
- Refunds and rescheduling are not available due to personal reasons missed, classes will not be held under the minimum registration, and make-ups for weather cancellations (by the City) will be held on the Friday following the missed class. Weekend make-ups will be conducted following the end of the session. Sessions are complete with 8 classes of 50% of the time taught (ie: for a 40-minute class, 20 minutes marks complete).
PRESCHOOL SWIM CLASSES
- Ages: 6 months - 5 years old
PARENT & TOT — AGES: 6-35 MONTHS
Maximum Enrolled: 8
- One parent/adult will assist the child in developing water adjustment, games, and underwater exploration as led by an instructor. Child must wear a swim diaper.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||10:00-10:25am||$60/$75||310800-1A|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||12:00-12:25pm||$60/$75||310800-1B|
PRESCHOOL 1 (1P) — AGES: 3-5
Maximum Enrolled: 4
- Goals: With support, glide on front 2 body lengths, then roll to back, and float for 3 seconds then recover to standing position. Comfortable submerging face.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||9:00-9:25am||$60/$75||320801-1A|
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||10:00-10:25am||$60/$75||320801-1B|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||1:30-1:55pm||$60/$75||320801-1C|
PRESCHOOL 2 (2P) — AGES: 4-5
Maximum Enrolled: 4
- Prerequisite: With support, glide on front 2 body lengths, then roll to back and float for 3 seconds then recover to standing position. Comfortable submerging face.
- Goals: With little to no assistance, swim on front 3 body lengths, roll to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to front swim 3 body lengths.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||9:30-9:55am||$60/$75||320802-1A|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||2:00-2:25pm||$60/$75||320802-1B|
PRESCHOOL 3 (3P) — AGES: 4-5
Maximum Enrolled: 4
- Prerequisite: With little to no assistance, swim on front 3 body lengths, roll to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to front swim 3 body lengths.
- Goals: Independently, swim on front 5 body lengths, roll to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to front swim 5 body lengths.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||10:00-10:25pm||$60/$75||320803-1A|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||2:30-2:55pm||$60/$75||320803-1B|
Swim Lesson Levels - Where do I place my swimmer?
The prerequisite for each class level is the successful completion of the preceding class level skills. If you are not sure which level is correct for your swimmer, please call 630-1126 to schedule a skills evaluation.
LEVEL 1 — INTRODUCTION TO WATER SKILLS
Maximum Enrolled: 6
- Goals: Glide on front 2 body lengths, roll to back float for 5 seconds, recover to a standing position. Submerge face without hesitation.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||9:00-9:40am||$60/$75||320801-1A|
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||10:30-11:10am||$60/$75||320801-1B|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||12:00-12:40pm||$60/$75||320801-1C|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||2:00-2:40pm||$60/$75||320801-1D|
LEVEL 2 — FUNDAMENTALS OF AQUATIC SKILLS
Maximum Enrolled: 6
- Prerequisite: Glide on front 2 body lengths, roll to back float for 5 seconds, recover to standing. Submerge face without hesitation.
- Goals: Swim on front 5 body lengths, roll to back, float for 15 seconds, roll to front swim 5 body lengths.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||9:00-9:40am||$60/$75||320802-1A|
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||9:45-10:25am||$60/$75||320802-1B|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||12:45-1:25pm||$60/$75||320802-1C|
LEVEL 3 — STROKE DEVELOPMENT
Maximum Enrolled: 6
- Prerequisite: Swim on front 5 body lengths, roll to back, float 15 seconds, roll to front swim 5 body lengths.
- Goals: Jump in deep water, tread, or float for 1 minute, and swim Front Crawl or Elementary Backstroke for 25 yards. Perform 15 yards of Front Crawl with rotary breathing and 15 yards of Elementary Backstroke.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||10:30-11:10am||$60/$75||320803-1A|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||1:30-2:10pm||$60/$75||320803-1B|
LEVEL 4 — STROKE IMPROVEMENT
Maximum Enrolled: 6
- Prerequisite: Jump in deep water, tread, or float for 1 minute, and swim Front Crawl or Elementary Backstroke for 25 yards. Perform 15 yards of Front Crawl with rotary breathing and 15 yards of Elementary Backstroke.
- Goals: Swimming 25 yards of Front Crawl, 25 yards of Elementary Backstroke, 25 yards of Breaststroke, 25 yards of Backstroke, 25 yards of Sidestroke, and 15 yards of Butterfly with precision.
|Sat||Oct 1-Nov 19||9:45-10:25am||$60/$75||320804-1A|
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||12:00-12:40pm||$60/$75||320804-1B|
LEVEL 5 — STROKE REFINEMENT
Maximum Enrolled: 6
- Prerequisite: Swim front crawls 25 yards with rotary breathing, Elementary Backstroke 25 yards, Backstroke 15 yards, and Breaststroke 15 yards. Submerge and swim 3 to 5 body lengths underwater.
- Goals: Shallow angle dive, swim Front Crawl 50 yards, Elementary Backstroke 50 yards, Backstroke and Breaststroke 25 yards.
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||12:45-1:25pm||$60/$75||320805-1A|
LEVEL 6 — PERSONAL WATER SAFETY
Maximum Enrolled: 8
- Prerequisite: Shallow angle dive, swim Front Crawl 50 yards, Elementary Backstroke 50 yards, Backstroke, and Breaststroke 25 yards.
- Goals: Swim 500 yards continuously. Survival float for 5 minutes, roll to back, and float for 5 minutes. Retrieve an object from the bottom of the pool (depth 7-10 feet), return to the surface, and swim to the start point.
|Sun||Oct 2-Nov 20||2:15-2:55pm||$60/$75||320806-1A|
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS
Available for ages 3 years to adults. Each lesson is 25-minutes long and will pair one swimmer and one instructor. Semi-private lessons are possible, pairing two swimmers and one instructor. The instructor will work at the pace of the swimmer(s) to reach their individual goals: working towards water competency, technique, and water safety.
- Ages: 3 & Up
- R/NR Fees: $160/$200
|Sat||Oct 29-Nov 19||9:00-9:25am||300800-3A|
|Sat||Oct 29-Nov 19||9:30-9:55am||300800-3B|
|Sat||Oct 29-Nov 19||10:30-10:55am||300800-3C|
|Sun||Oct 30-Nov 20||12:30-12:55pm||300800-3D|
|Sun||Oct 30-Nov 20||1:00-1:25pm||300800-3E|
|Sun||Oct 30-Nov 20||1:30-1:55pm||300800-3F|
At times, classes are cancelled due to low enrollment. If you are interested in taking a class that has been cancelled, please email the Recreation Department or call 561-630-1100 and put your name on a list to let us know that you are interested in that class. Once we have enough people to hold the class, we will try to restart that class.