2021 Resident Photography Contest
2021 CONTEST CATEGORIES
The City of Palm Beach Gardens is pleased to announce its 2021 Resident Photography Contest. In preparation for Florida City Government Week in October, this year's contest will celebrate the "Signature City" from the perspective of our residents & students. Proof of residency is required. All photos must be taken in Palm Beach Gardens. Photos taken outside of city limits will not be considered.
The deadline to submit photographs is September 3, 2021. Should you have any questions, please contact the Public Media Relations Division at 561.799.4153 or via email.
Each contestant may submit up to two (2) photographs in each of the four (4) categories listed:
- iGardens- No need for fancy gear! Send us your best phone snaps from around the city. This category is for cellphone photography only.
- Beauty Abounds- In a “garden city” full of lush landscape, this one’s easy. Enter your favorite nature or landscape photograph.
- Digital Manipulation- Time to get crafty! This category is for photographs with added artistic flair. Use Photoshop, Lightroom…anything goes.
- PBG at Work & Play- People connecting with other people or their environment. It’s a beautiful thing! Send us your best unposed, candid scenes of people interacting with each other or physical environments throughout the city.
PHOTO CONTEST DISCLAIMERS
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN
- Deadline for submission: Photo submissions may be submitted beginning on July 19, 2021 and will be accepted through September 3, 2021. (All photo submissions must have been taken between January 1, 2020 and September 3, 2021.)
- Judging: There will be 1 "Best in Show" (1 winner) chosen from and the 4 "First Place" winners from each of the 4 categories (5 winners). Each category will also have a "Second Place" and a "Third Place" winner. Judging will be done by a panel of City elected officials, community leaders and professional photographers. The winners will be notified via the email address provided on the entry form.
- Acknowledgement of Rules: In order to participate in this contest, you must acknowledge and agree to be bound by the official rules, terms and conditions. Check the blue box on the Entry Form to acknowledge rules.
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions:
- Eligibility: Open to all photographers who are current City of Palm Beach Gardens residents or students attending school in the City who are at least 18 years old or older. Photographers under 18 years of age are eligible with the written consent of a custodial parent or legal guardian. Individuals affiliated with City of Palm Beach Gardens (the "City"), including employees and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses) are NOT eligible to enter. Proof of residency is required.
How to Enter: To Submit Entry:
- Complete the online entry form and submit photo entries by uploading the file on the Palm Beach Website.
- By entering/participating in this promotion/contest, you indicate your full agreement to and acceptance of these official rules, terms and conditions and City's decisions, which are final and binding.
- Winning Photo: The winning photo will be announced in October 2021.
Use of Entries and Contest Publicity:
- Image Releases: You are responsible for obtaining any and all necessary releases from any and all identifiable persons depicted in your photograph (for minors, a release from their custodial parent or legal guardian is required). Copies of all releases must be provided to the City at the time of photograph submission.
- Warranty: By submitting Your photograph in this promotion/contest You represent and warrant that the photograph is your original work, its submission does not violate any agreement between you and a third party, and that its submission does not infringe upon or violate any law, statute, or ordinance or infringe upon any other right of any kind, including without limitation, rights affecting copyright, patent, trademark, unfair competition, defamation, privacy or publicity.
- License and Intellectual Property: The copyright in any submission shall remain the property of the entrant and, by submitting a photo, you grant the City, and those authorized by the City, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, to support its work and that of the City's affiliates and cooperating nonprofit partners. Uses include, but are not limited to: print and digital, electronic newsletters; websites, slide shows, and promotional items such as printed cards, and calendars. Any photo reproduced may or may not include a photographer credit. The City will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with the above.
- Release and Limitation of Liability: By submitting a photograph, you agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless the City, its employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, suits, losses, and damages, including attorneys' fees and costs and fees and costs on appeal, arising out or in any way related to your submission of a photograph and participation in this photo contest or any contest-related activities.
- The City of Palm Beach Gardens is not responsible for: (a) any inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or printing errors and omissions; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the contest; (c) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctions of any network hardware or software; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; (e) lost, delayed, misdirected or undeliverable mail or electronic mail; or (f) lost, delayed, misdirected or undelivered photographs and/or entries.
- Publicity: Participation in the contest constitutes consent to the City's use of each participant's name, likeness, and other information for promotional purposes in any and all media which may be chosen in the City's sole and absolute discretion without any payment or consideration of any kind whatsoever.
- Conditions: The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The City reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its sole and absolute discretion. The City reserves the right to disallow or reject any entry that depicts brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on signs or posters or in other forms, or that in its judgment is harmful to the public order, is pornographic, profane, violates commonly accepted standards of decency and/or is contrary to the goals, purposes or objectives of the contest.
A panel of judges made up of local professionals & government officials will hold a blind judging of all submissions. Each submission will be scored. The highest scoring pieces will be awarded 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category. One image will be awarded the Best in Show title.