Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? Be sure to include safety on your holiday menu! A cooking fire is three times more likely to happen on Thanksgiving Day than any other day of the year. Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue has provided important cooking safety tips to help keep your family and guests safe during the upcoming holiday:
• Stay alert and pay attention to all cooking materials when cooking.
• Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stove and keep an eye on the food.
• Keep anything that can catch fire - food packaging, oven mitts, loose clothing, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, towels, etc. - away from stovetop.
• Keep children at least 3 FEET AWAY from stove.
• Make sure smoke alarms and fire extinguishers are present and functioning.