The City of Palm Beach Gardens & Palm Beach County have issued emergency orders for the use of face coverings in public settings. The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings where social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission (grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.) The use of simple cloth face coverings will slow the spread of COVID-19 and can be fashioned from common household materials.
The City of Palm Beach Gardens urges residents and visitors to comply with the CDC recommendations. Cloth face coverings should:
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape